I’ve owned my iPhone 3GS since August, and have yet to share my favorite applications (apps) or my review of the phone overall.
In a nutshell, I LOVE IT!
My favorite apps;
- TweetDeck – Twitter (social media) platform that allows me to manage multiple accounts at once, post Tweets, attach pictures, etc…
- Word Press – allows me to manage multiple blogs at once, update posts, attach pictures, read comments, etc…
- Facebook – (social media) keeps me informed of new messages and information as needed, allows me to update, add friends, etc…
- Conquest – a mobile version of Risk that allows me to spend my down time conquering the world.
My favorite features;
- Access to the Internet virtually anywhere! – even without an app, I can access e-mail and websites any where that I can get a cell phone signal, priceless especially for a virtual assistant!
- Calendar – I live by a schedule and having an easy-to use calendar at my finger tips is essential!
- Maps – this is almost as good as my GPS and it’s free.
- Cut, Copy, Paste – this is such a time saver. I can copy a name or an address and then paste it to a contact or calendar item
- Screenshots – by pushing the ‘home’ and ‘power’ button at the same time, you can take a picture of your screen, very helpful.
- World clock – with friends and family all over the world, I can now know exactly what time it is and avoid call them at 3am.
- Being able to look up a business on the Internet and then just touch their phone number to call them.
My wish list;
- Spell check – while there is a sort of predictive text feature, I am a terrible speller, and a built in spell check would be amazing.
- Record phone calls – there is a record feature and many downloadable apps, but none of them seem to work while you are on a call. I would find this useful during a business call, because I wouldn’t have to take as many notes.
- Camera flash – while this is trivial and not standard on most phones, there have been occasions of dim lighting that were photo worthy.
Overall, this is an amazing piece of technology and I continue to find more ways to utilize it. And as a virtual assistant it has been invaluable as a business tool, saving me time and making me money.
If you have thoughts on the iPhone or additional features to add, I would love to hear them!