A Virtual Assistant (VA) is an offsite administrative and business professional that can be contracted to assist you and your business needs. Some of the qualities that a business owner or manager should look for in a VA include;
- References – like any competent professional, a VA should come with quality references that can speak of the type of work they have completed and how satisfied the client was
- Examples of Work – while some work may be confidential, any competent VA should have examples of projects the they have completed or assisted with
- Education – if a VA does not have an official degree, the VA industry has many options available for certifications
- Contract – a relationship with a VA is a professional contract and should be treated as such. A VA should draft a contract that outlines the scope of work and payment that are to be expected by both parties
- Follow-up – as in any business contract, a VA should have good communication skills and keep their clients informed of progress
The concept of Virtual Assisting is very new to the state of Maine, but it is an idea that could be extremely beneficial to the business community.
Maine is a state full of innovative entrepreneurs that are great at what they do. Many of these companies are owned and operated by a handful of individuals that specialize in the field that they operate. A VA can offer administrative and business expertise as a contracted partner, allowing the company to maximize its resources. A VA also allows the company to avoid expensive, time consuming employment expenses that are generally associated with hiring additional employees.
For more information on Virtual Assistants and to review the education and qualifications of Office Solutions ME, feel free to visit our website and learn more!